- 1
Find the OBD port on the driver's side dashboard under the steering column. It will be the same size and shape as the connective end of the OBD I code scanner.
- 2
Plug the code scanner into this port.
- 3
Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ACC" position. Don't start the engine.
- 4
Wait for the code scanner to power on. Some code scanners need to be turned on, so you may have to find the on/off switch.
- 5
Select the command "Read Codes" or something similar. Wait while the code scanner interfaces with the vehicle's computer. Write down the codes it displays.
- 6
Look up the codes in the code scanner's manual. Unplug the scanner and have the vehicle's engine serviced or repaired based on the information obtained from the codes.
5/17/11
How do I Get Engine Codes for a 1993 Subaru Legacy?
You can get the engine codes from your '93 Subaru Legacy from your home garage, saving yourself both time and money. The 1993 Subaru Legacy comes equipped with an On-Board Diagnostics I computer (OBD I) that retrieves and stores all trouble codes sent to it from various sensors positioned throughout the vehicle. When these sensors detect a malfunction in the engine, they send the code to the computer which, in turn, illuminates the engine warning and service lights on the instrument panel. You can retrieve these codes using a small, handheld device called an OBD I code scanner. This can be purchased at auto parts retailers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment