- 1
Go to the I-9 form on the Census website (see Resources). Click on the link to open the PDF file of the I-9 form. If you are unable to read or prepare your I-9 form due to a language barrier or a physical problem, have a translator or preparer do this work for you.
- 2
Print out the form and make sure all the pages are legible. Change ink cartridges and reprint if necessary.
- 3
Fill out the top section of the form. This section includes your full legal name, address, date of birth, city, state and social security number. You must also check your status as an American, including citizen or legal alien.
- 4
Fill out the translator or preparer's name, address and signature, if necessary. If you did not use a preparer or translator, leave this section blank or draw a short line over each line of this section.
- 5
Write down your list of identifying items and their numbers. These items include social security cards, birth certificates, permanent resident cards, passports with a temporary I-551 stamp and voter registration cards. A full list of items comes with the I-9.
- 6
Turn in your I-9 with the rest of your papers to your nearest Census office. You can mail them or deliver them by hand.
5/18/11
How to Complete the I-9 Form for the Census
Finishing the census or applying for a job with the census requires filling out lots of paperwork, including an I-9 form. The I-9 form will verify that you are legally able to work in the United States. All citizens will be able to fill out the I-9 as well as all legal aliens, such as recent immigrants or people on a work visa. Filling out an I-9 requires understanding English, knowing somebody who does and having documents that prove your legality to work in the United States.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment